Senior Adults Ministry
If you watch the "Antiques Roadshow" on TV, you soon learn that the older something is the more valuable it becomes. Don't we love it?
There is no exact age when a person becomes a "senior." Some say 55 or 60 and others, 62. We say if you visit our group and are blessed by your experience, you are welcome!
"PrimeTime" is the umbrella under which our ministry functions. Those who are involved in the Senior Adult Ministry are lovingly referred to as "PrimeTimers." We plan all of our activities with five very important directives in mind.
1. Fellowship - there are many ways to have fellowship, but our main purpose for fellowship is found in 1 John 1:7. "If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His son, purifies us from all sin."
2. Encouragement - All of us need to be encouraged. PrimeTimers face many challenges as age creeps up on us. Remember Hebrews 10:25. "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day (Christ's return) approaching."
3. Friendship - We are all about building relationships. Proverbs 17:17 says, "a friend loves at all times..." The scripture also says that if a man is to have friends, he must show himself to be friendly. We strive to build and maintain friendships in all we do.
4. Compassion - The Apostle Paul said in Colossians 3:12... "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."
5. Outreach - we believe our best days of making a difference are still ahead! PrimeTimers offers opportunities to touch lives and make an impact for Christ.